Sunday, January 29, 2017

Week's Summary

This week we completed module 3. In module 3 we began working on a course outline. We will be using this outline throughout the remainder of this course. We focused on the analysis phase and its four subphases; instructional goals, instructional analysis, learner analysis and learning objectives.

Item of interest

I have chosen to create a course involving third-grade mathematics. This course is the first course of a series of courses taken in third-grade. Therefore, I am solely working on multiplication and division. I want to use the flipped classroom pedagogy for this course. This course will be a flipped classroom format. Meaning the students will watch lecture videos, complete review assignments, and play warm-up games at home prior to class. In class, the students will be collaboratively engaged in different learning games.

Problem or Concern

My concern is how much discipline and responsibility to students will have when it comes to doing the required work at home. I am planning to send a letter informing the parents about the flipped classroom and what is expected of them. I am just not sure how to make sure my students are doing what they need to do at home in order to succeed in the course. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Malory,
    I am doing 3rd grade math as well. I was thinking of doing multiplication, division, and fractions in that order for this class. I decided to shorten it to just fractions. We will have to share in the end. I am going to have students just do a video before class. I plan on all the "work" in class.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete