Sunday, February 19, 2017

Summary:

This week we talked about student engagement and its importance. When students are engaged in the course they are more likely to succeed. Maintaining engagement can be a little tricky in an online course. It is important to add things to the modules that will keep the students' attention. When students are able to conduct their own learning typically they become more engaged. In order to maintain engagement, it is important for one to make the material relevant. When students see the purpose of learning something they are more likely to be excited about learning it. It should the students the importance of knowing the skills or facts.

Item of Interest:

Because my course is dealing with a 3rd grade class, we will be meeting daily. Because I will see the students daily, I will have an easier time keeping them engaged. I am planning to have the students participate and various multiplication and division activities in the classroom. The course online will be used to present new information and review previously taught information. The way I am going to try to keep student engagement in the online portion is with discussion boards. Here the students will be able to ask questions about the lesson taught in the videos or the lessons covered in the classroom.

Problem or Concern

I am not sure how to create the self-test I want my students to take. I am assuming I can input multiple questions and state how many I want to be asked on the quiz. If anyone knows how to create self-tests please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Malory

No comments:

Post a Comment